Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The Beginning of 02-2020

Get it, it's February 2020 so the beginning of 02 - 2020...I don't get to write the date much since I'm not working so I'll take the opportunity to include it in my post of the weekly highlights from the Blaylocks.

One of the major things I have started to do in February is working out. The first 15 minute beginner cardio workout that I did, I had to take a break for water 3 minutes in and a few more breaks throughout. I am trying to be very consistent every day, and my ability is increasing each time. I don't need water breaks anymore, and I am not quite a sore. It's been good for me mentally to work out too. It gets my energy out when I can't really leave the house, and often it's cold and dark outside.

On Fast Sunday, we went out to Aunt GayLynn and Uncle David's for dinner. We made fancy caramel rice crispy treats to share for dessert. Lisa and her family came out, and so did Rebekah and Spencer. It was great to see everyone, and it's really fun to see how much Clara and Hugh just adore Jay. They are always concerned for his well being, and for the most part are very gentle with him.

Over the weekend, my friend/co-worker from Colorado came to visit with her husband. When I was expecting Jay, she asked if she'd have to come visit or if I was going to bring Jay to Colorado after he was born. When I told her we wouldn't be coming until we moved out there, she said she'd look into taking a trip. At the time, I thought she wouldn't remember or actually come. I was wrong and it was so fun to have Rachel and Chris here with us on Saturday. They are such great people, and it's always interesting spending time with them. They are both around the age of 50, don't have children of their own, and are not members of the Church. When they arrived, they noted how many churches were around here and asked if we attended out here (they knew we went in Colorado). Rachel also asked for help to know how to hold Jay, which was so surprising! She didn't know exactly why you had to burp a baby either, so it was fun to teach her and she did great. We had a fun afternoon chatting, playing Parcheesi, and making curry for dinner.

Playing Parcheesi 
On Sunday, Nathan and Michela brought us a feast of a dinner with salmon, asparagus, dulce de leche, and lots of Taiwanese treats. We played Forbidden Island, and enjoyed chatting and laughing with them through the evening. It's fun having family close by and we need to cherish all the moments we can while we're here!

Nathan as he was leaving with all their stuff, we were laughing about the tiny mittens.

Here are a couple pics of recent Jay moments. We're loving this little guy and we're so grateful he's part of our family. Sometimes Jay doesn't want to take naps, so we have to get creative in holding the pacifier so we can go and do other things. I also occasionally pack him up in my carrier and carry him around the house if I need to.

We have a very talented elephant named Griffy who helps take care of Jay.

Jay and Matthew playing on the floor together, it melted my heart.
Sunday Selfie because M was gone at meetings ALL day long. 

1 comment: