Sunday, June 14, 2020

Catching the June Bug

I love summertime! Since I was a kid, it's been my favorite time of the year and historically July has been my favorite month. This year, June has been so much fun! We've been trying to take advantage of all the time we have here in Utah and living life to the fullest. We're surrounded by those we love, and we are going to miss them dearly when we move, so we've made a point to spend all the time we can with our Utah/Idaho family. 

Along those lines, we went to Steph and Ken's house for Kenzie's fifth birthday party. She's such a darling girl and we had a lot of fun celebrating her. She was genuinely so excited with every gift. She got a baby doll that dropped her jaw, and she also got a little kid guitar which was cute to see her dad hold her and show her how to play. I am excited for when Jay is old enough to play with cousins, cousins are fun! Steph and Ken grilled burgers for us on their smoker, which was another special treat of the evening. I took Grandma's Punch for drinks and Kenzie told Steph, "Have you tried this drink yet? Because when you do, you'll love it. I love it!"...or something to that effect but funnier. 

With the birthday girl. 



We also went rollerblading again. This time it was a little cooler and slightly cloudy, and the perfect temperature for blading. We went quite a bit farther and Jay stayed awake a little bit longer. It was a great way to start our Saturday. We live in a beautiful place, and I am sure going to miss the big green mountains being so close! 



It's been hot for a couple weeks now so we decided to let Jay swim for the first time. Our little kiddie pool isn't much, but we had a lot of fun playing with little Jay outside in the water. I took a little break from work to join the fun. 

Pool Time!

M continues to plan fun dates for the weekends. Now that he has more time, he seems to be getting more creative and I am loving it! This past weekend, we did shaving cream art. It was fun! We had a great time, and I love date nights with my man. 

M giving instructions on what I need to do

Mixing the colors

Scraping all the extras off. 

Art at it's finest - I mustache you a question...


Final products on the fridge

Having Tabitha in Utah has been great. She came down Thursday evening and we enjoyed going on a walk with Jay and playing games. She talks a lot about Dan her man, and I really hope things work out for them, she deserves a great guy! 

Grandpa Great is always a big focus of June. First, on June 7th, he turned 92! Woo!! He's left such a legacy of faith and righteousness, I hope to do the same for my family. We held a birthday celebration with my cousins, we all dialed into Zoom (minus 1 cousin), and then Grandpa had technical difficulties. He was flustered and frustrated. I got him on google hangouts for a little bit, but it didn't go as planned as his Zoom app was out of date. I felt so bad, but I really did enjoy seeing all my cousins for a little bit. 
Here's the modern Brady Bunch

Also, went up to Grandpa Great's for visit number two. We loved it! We got there and went straight to Brady's Plant Ranch to grab a Brady burger. So yummy and such a treat! Grandpa hit his head on the tractor right before we got there, so I spent a bit of time doctoring the wound. He seemed grateful I was there to help clean him up and it helped me feel needed. Matthew helped with some tree-trimming, but his allergies were a little intense with first crop hay so he felt a little miserable with allergies which he is an incredible sport and doesn't complain at all. Jay loves sitting with Grandpa Great and Grandpa would often hold Jay while we got food or bottles ready. Saturday evening we convinced Grandpa to play a couple games. I asked him if he wanted to play Chinese Checkers, which he quickly said, "Oh, you want me to beat you at a game of chinese checkers." So funny! When we started, M and I copied Grandpa's every move. He's too good not to, but then in the end, we all were within 1 turn of winning! Probably the closest game I've ever played and M won. Sunday was a wonderful day. We watched BYU Sunday meetings, Music and the Spoken Word, devotional, and then had our Come Follow Me discussion. We enjoyed dinner with Aunt Karen and Uncle John, and then came home for our afternoon naps. Grandpa loves when I play the organ, so I play the same hymns I always play and wrapped up our trip. 

Grandpa Great and Jay

He has a strong grip, and sometimes will not let go! 

Skip-Bo

Chinese Checkers! 

Teaching Grandpa some tablet tricks

Grandpa would often sing to Jay in the mornings, it was so cute.

Jay is starting to sit up a little bit, and did really well at Grandpa's house. 

We snagged this right before hit the road on Sunday.

And, every post I need to include some extra pictures because there are so many and when you have a cute baby, you have even more. 

Jay sometimes comes to work with me, which brings a smile to EVERYONE.

He loves the poles on the playmat - go figure. 

M's been packing, and there are only a few games left here. 

Jay was peeking at me almost halfway home from Grandpa Great's house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment