Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Beginnings of Spring

I love the beginning of Spring, a few days of warm warm weather and the hope that comes along with it. Of course, we still get a lot of snow storms in Colorado through April so you make the most of the great weather days. 

I will say the most exciting thing around here is Jay learned how to climb out of his crib. I'm surprised we lasted this long, and he's a professional now. I was getting ready for the day on Tuesday, and Jay opens up our door. I said, hi, but in my head was wondering when Matthew would be out...and he never came. Later I noticed Jay's humidifier and heater were on and his toys were scattered around the room. We always have him clean up before we take him downstairs...I quickly called to M and asked if he'd gotten Jay. Both of us thought the other one was pulling our leg by saying we didn't get him...and so it began. Jay didn't get out during nap time or a night that day, so I thought we were in the clear. However, the next morning he got out and then next day after nap time. I was still holding hope for nighttime, but when I called M on my way home from Presidency meeting and he was just starting to work, I knew we were in for it. Jay had learned, and there was no way to unlearn. I ordered a baby gate, we proofed the room after letting him loose during one nap and seeing what he emptied out of the closet, and now we're working on training him to sleep in his bed. It's an adventure, one time we even got him in the morning and he'd taken his pajamas off and likely woke up because he was cold. Two weeks into the big bed, he is usually choosing to sleep on his bed and most of the pillows and blankets are staying inside the room. 

First night in the big bed! 

First nap without Mama or Daddy next to him...

As for projects, I finally finished Jay's dresser! I love how it turned out, and it's super awesome because the drawers don't pull out. It looks great in his room with the dark walls. We are still working on getting the spray paint smell to fade...it takes way longer than I thought it would. I also recorded my final session for my coaching certification. I had to do a coaching session, 30 minutes only, record it and get it transcribed. They will grade it against a 3-4 page rubric and determine if I pass. It's all in, and I should know within 2-4 weeks. 

The finished product!

They adjusted all of our ward boundaries across the Stake this month. I went to that reorganization meeting not knowing if I would be released from my calling or not. We were sitting in front of the Bishop and when our ward was simply getting people and not changing much, the Bishop said, the Primary is probably going to double. Eeek!! I panicked a little, and then started to get excited, we could use the strength. Later, I found out we were only getting 3 new kiddos, girls in the same family. Regardless, we are excited to have them! I will say I am very grateful I didn't lose anyone in my presidency. One of my friends from the singles ward, from Austria, decided to move to Kentucky with her family so I held a little send off party for her at the Brighton Rec Center park. We had so much fun playing around and it's neat to see how much people grow and change within a few years. 

Riding the horse at the park!

We were so excited for Brad's family to come to town. We went down to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner, with all the Colorado family. Cambrie and Katelynn did a cute little dance, the whole crew did A-Tooty-Ta with Mike's lead, and Claire, Katelynn, and Elisse sang a beautiful song. Jay loved wandering around and watching everyone do whatever they were doing. At the end of the night, Jay was playing Boo with Kyle and Olivia and now he wants to play it with everything! His bib, a box, his shirt, a blanket, his food, etc. It's very cute. Tuesday we toured Hammonds Candy factory with everyone. We got to see the hard candy being made, which was pretty neat. We got a couple free candy canes, and while we were checking out Jay put a candy cane on the counter and I put it back, he got it again and the cashier just gave it to us for free - so nice! We said goodbye until July to our OK cousins, we didn't get enough time with them! 

Daniel, Jay, Ty - someday they will be best buds! 

Hugs before bedtime. 

Touring Hammonds

M and I did enjoy date night with Freddy's and playing Harry Potter. We beat level 7 on the first location, it was AWESOME! We thought at the beginning we were going to get demolished, but we quickly turned the tables and pulled in for the win! 


We also had a fun St. Patrick's Day, got an awesome trampoline at Goodwill, and have loved learning new things and playing around. Jay's making huge progress on focusing and a few new sounds. We are so grateful for him. 







No comments:

Post a Comment