Friday, July 24, 2020

Settling In

We've been settling into our new home and loving it. We feel so blessed to be here in Colorado, and grateful for all those who have made us feel welcome. Even a member of the RS presidency came by to welcome us to the ward, which was super nice. Here's a few highlights from our first couple weeks in Colorado. 

We love to go swimming. There is a really nice pool that we have access to through our HOA. It is rarely busy, has pretty warm water, and even a little kid pool for Jay. We got him a little floating device and a swimsuit so we could more easily go. He loves the pool, which makes us so happy! 

Friday night for our first date night, we went to the Rice Bistro. They do gluten free breaded chicken of any kind and it's delicious! M and I got sesame chicken and orange chicken and split it. We really liked it and will definitely go back, especially since it's only four minutes from our house. 

Saturday morning we went on our first family rollerblading adventure. We were on the trail a little before 10 and there were sooooo many people! Bikers going every direction and people walking every where too. When we were approaching a wooden bridge, I got a little nervous. I told myself to keep my skates pointing straight and I'd be just fine. Almost as soon as I hit this uneven wooden bridge, a biker passed me quickly. It scared me and I lost my footing. I was able to grab the side bar, but not without banging my knee on the edge of the bridge and a sliver lodged into my hand as I grappled for balance. That shook me up a bit, but we continued and a couple days later I got the sliver out and had a nice bruise for a few days. Needless to say, we decided Saturday mornings wouldn't happen again. 

Jay, Me, M

One of the best perks of living in Colorado is living near Grandma and Grandpa Blaylock! I really lucked out in the in-law department and feel blessed to be near them. We had them over for dinner and games last week. We made chicken salad and I tried a new muffin recipe, which luckily turned out well. We then played Forbidden Island, which we actually lost one time. We usually don't lose, so it was a fun new challenge. We had a great time and it was so fun to know when we said goodbye that we'd see them again soon. 

We continue to love on Mr. Jay. He brings a lot of joy to us every day. M takes such good care of him during the week while I am at work, which is such a huge blessing. He's now 7 months old, and starting to roll a little bit more. He's really discovering his voice, for good and bad (he can be very loud). 

He got this new toy from Kade, and loves it!
Sometimes you've got to destress with your baby by doing the happy baby yoga pose.


Naps on the floor will not work anymore, as we found Jay here this week. 

Hard to believe he's already 7 months! 

He's such a happy kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment